A quick guide to navigating the latest trend in at home beauty- the bar is back and better than ever! Soaps can now be used for everything from acne to cellulite. Read on to see some of our favorite brands.
With the social banishment of plastic straws, so too has come a movement centered around ditching the useless plastic packaging that covers just about everything we consume.
127 countries world wide have already adopted some degree of single use plastic limitation with 27 of those countries completely banning single-use plastic, like straws or dishware.
‘Single-use’ is becoming so trendy it was named Collins Dictionary word of the year.
This means not only are we seeing the comeback of the original bar soap but also a new niche market of fancy face bars, shampoo bars, conditioner bars, moisturizing bars, massage bars, anti-cellulite bars and many, many more.
Unfortunately, not all bars are created equal. The cosmetics industry is one of the least regulated sectors of commerce. The pesticide market, for example, which is widely known for its sanctioned use of shady ingredients, is more regulated than the $100 billion dollar a year sector that sells you the face cream you put on your skin every single day.
Lucky for you, we have a list of some of the better brands to use when it comes to beauty bars.
Here are some of our fave’s
- Limits Cellulite: With Aloe Vera Extract and Annatto Seed Powder
- Handmade in the United States
- Made with USDA plant-based ingredients
- 100% vegan
- Safe for all skin types
- 100% Chemical Free and Preservative Free
- No Animal Testing – Cruelty Free – Vegan
- Made with Organic Unrefined Shea Butter, Certified Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Certified Organic Sunflower Oil, Certified Organic Sustainable Palm Oil and Certified Organic Castor Bean Oil
- Used to help with Acne, Eczema and Psoriasis
For Sensitive Skin
- 100% All Natural Goat Milk Soap
- Handmade in the USA
- Contains honey; one of nature’s best moisturizers
- Anti-inflammatory and antiseptic
- No sulfates, parabens, or other harsh and potentially harmful chemicals
- Unscented and ultra gentle; great for sensitive or baby skin.
- Great for eczema, very sensitive skin or allergies
For Spa Day
- Anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal
- Activated charcoal which can absorb over 500-times its weight in impurities
- Rose Clay which helps your skin regulate its natural moisture balance
- No parabens, no sulfates, no GMO’s and Gluten Free
- Organic Spirulina which removes free radicals from your skin
- Tea Tree Oil which kills bacteria, acne, fungus and breakouts
- Food-grade coconut oil
- No Palm Oil, No Alcohol, No Parabens, No Sulfates, No Soy, No GMO’s, Gluten-Free, No Phthalates, Not tested on animals, No plastic and No Artificial colors
- Mineral-rich, volumizing shampoo bar
- Made with ingredients from the sea: softening Irish moss seaweed and Japanese nori seaweed
- Sea salt gives body and volume to hair that tends to fall flat
- Lemon oil for extra shine
- Blend of floral oils to perfume your hair
While there are many other products out there that we love, this was just a sample of some of out favorites. Let us know what you love and use on the daily!